2012-05-05

FA vs Elliott Wave

03/25/2012 -

Quote from Wide Tailz:
For similar reasons, I have a lot against fundamental analysis. EW fits into my trend following system by filtering the buy signals by wave type. My be$t trades, by far, have been during a third wave (either the general market or the stock itself). Wave 3 is the first higher low and breaks the previous trend line, and typically follows noticeable divergence in MACD, RSI, money flow, Stochastics, ROC, and any other momentum indicator. A huge candle as the dam breaks is the final confirmation. OP: my comment for your analysis is that I'm amazed how far you take the corrective wave counts. I've never had much success trying to analyze them. I see the SP500 currently in a B wave completing the C wave of next lower degree, itself seeing wave 5 of next lower degree completing as I type..... :D
Wide Tailz - Thanks for commenting. Believe it or not, I don't give a shxt on any fundamental analysis. Ironically, I used to be doing and writting a lot of fundamental analysis, and I knew that it was just like writing some stories because people wanted to read stories.

I strongly agree with you that the best and easist trades are on the wave-3. About the question how I "take the corrective wave counts", I start from the highest possible degree of timeframe (e.g., montly chart) to analyze and then scale down to the tradeable timeframe (e.g., daily chart). Therefore, sometime a corrective wave in a monthly chart still has some impulsive wave in the daily chart which we can make money from. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment