2012-05-05

System Trading vs Elliott Wave

03/24/2012 -

Quote from bwolinsky:
What has your backtest showed and what have your results been? It's apparent some logic's went into the chart drawings, but none placed on any performance summaries or analysis of the data. Reminds me of Hershyites, must draw straight lines, without questioning whether they actually did go to where they ended when they were drawn or any regard to what actually happened later. This thread is missing that analysis, and it's required if you expect anyone to really analyze the charts that have been posted.


bwolinsky - I have extensively played system long time ago, I wrote tons of systems with TradeStation, I did backtesting 24x7, and then I threw all my systems to trash can. What I want to tell you about backtest is ... been there and done that. If you are asking some trader who utilizes price action and/or pattern methodologies (e.g., Gann, Elliott Wave, Dow Theory etc.) about back testing, you ask a wrong question!

I post my wave analysis here not looking for followers. I am looking for people who speak the same langauage (are also playing EW) for discussion. I am looking for people who enjoy playing EW on trading like playing chess. If you don't believe in EW, you won't be interested in reading my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment