2012-05-23

System Trading vs Elliott Wave - Part-III

System Trading vs Elliott Wave - Part-II

From Ahuang:  I agree, brain still cannot be replaced... how did ur automation work? no good so u stopped it?
Because the systems (algorithms) that I wrote had some limitation (e.g., shape/pattern recognition).  My systems were solely based on mathematical calculations and simple breakout signals - which caused the problem.  You know that trading is AN art, my systems were not able to understand what a accumulation/distribution area looked like.  (Funny though I saw some people were saying that "trading is art".)  Furethermore, my optimal parameters for a given system became overfitting which was dangerous even after the system was tested against a huge data set (40 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment